Raw Lemon Cheesecake
Serves:10 | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours
- 1 1/2 cup almonds or cashews (or a mix)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 8 milk arrowroot biscuits
- 8 medjool dates, soaked for 10 minutes in warm water
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch sea salt
- 500g low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a round cake tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor, blend almonds, coconut, arrowroot biscuits and salt.
- With the motor still running, add dates one by one until mixture resembles a dough.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin, patting and smoothing it out evenly with wet hands.
- Leave to set in the freezer while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, yoghurt, honey, lemon juice, 1/2 of the lemon zest and vanilla. Mix with electric beater until mixture is smooth.
- Remove base from freezer and carefully spoon in filling mixture, spreading evenly around tin.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- To serve, top with the remainder of the lemon zest and some cut up fruit if desired (strawberries go really well with this one).
- Feel free to substitute the lemon in this recipe for any other fruit to mi up the flavour.
- You can use any nuts in the base for this recipe.
- To make this dairy free, you can replace the yoghurt and cream cheese for blended cashews and coconut oil.
|HEALTHY LEMON CHEESECAKE|
|Per serve (1 slice, 130g)||Per 100g|
|Energy||281 calories||230 calories|
For more treat recipes, click here.
This recipe was developed by Hollie Prince, who is an student dietitian intern at The Biting Truth.