Quick & Easy Salmon Cakes
Makes: 15 salmon cakes | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g fresh salmon (could also use canned salmon)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumb
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking tray with paper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add salmon fillets and cook salmon until just cooked through. Set aside to cool (if using canned salmon, skip this step).
- In your food processor, combine cooked salmon fillets, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, shallots, dill, lemon zest, eggs and parmesan and blitz until combined.
- Shape the mixture into small patties about 2cm thick and place on baking tray.
- Spray surface of patties with extra virgin olive oil spray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, turn patties over and spray other surface and then return to oven for further 5 minutes.