Pineapple & Banana Loaf
Serves: 10 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup pineapple, finely diced or blitzed in food processor
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Desiccated coconut, to decorate
- Ground cinnamon, to decorate
- Pineapple pieces, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Line a medium size loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine flour, coconut and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, vanilla essence, pineapple, milk, eggs, honey and extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the pineapple mixture to the dry ingredients and gently mix to just combine. Note: be careful to not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin, top with the slices of pineapple, sprinkle of cinnamon and desiccated coconut.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, or until cooked through.