Barley+ Peanut Butter Power Bars
Serves: 12-15 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 30 – 40 mins
- 1 cup Barley+ traditional porridge
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1/3 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine Barley+ oats, puffed rice, flour, coconut, vanilla extract, cinnamon, dried fruit and mix.
- In a small saucepan on a low heat melt the honey and add the olive oil once melted to the mix. Add the combined honey and oil and the peanut butter to the puffed rice mixture and stir until well combined. (Note: add additional water, olive oil or honey as required).
- Spoon mixture into tray and press mixture with the back of a spoon to even surface.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool in pan. Cut into squares and enjoy! (Option to drizzle some dark chocolate over the top of the bars).