Indian Spiced Lamb & Chickpea Curry
Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 60 minutes
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 200g natural yoghurt (¾ cup)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 500g boneless lamb shoulder
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 x 400g tinned cherry tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tinned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 250ml vegetable stock, reduced salt
- Pepper, to season
- 200g spinach leaves
- Brown rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
1. Combine coriander, cumin, turmeric, yoghurt and lemon juice in a large bowl. Coat lamb with marinade and set aside for at least 2 hours to marinate.
2. Turn Cook4Me on to ‘browning function’. Add oil to the pot and then add the onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add lamb to pot and brown on each side.
4. Add potatoes, tinned tomatoes, chickpeas (including juice), stock and tomato paste to the pot. Season with pepper.
5. Turn Cook4Me onto ‘Pressure cooker‘ and set to 45 minutes.
6. Once cooked, turn Cook4Me off. Open lid and stir through spinach and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
7. Divide into bowls and serve curry with fresh coriander and brown rice.
- We used the Tefal Cook4Me+ to create this recipe however you could use another pressure cooker or cook on the stove.
- Cook4Me+ includes over 150+ recipes, plus more on the app available for iPhone and Android. The machine is great for cooks of all skill levels and features guided on-screen instructions, so you know when to add ingredients and when to close the lid and let the machine take care of the rest.
- No calculating cooking times or temperatures – Cook4Me+ sets that for you, it even release the steam at the end of cooking and goes straight to ‘Keep Warm’ mode without you having to lift a finger! It really is a game changer when it comes to meal prep and dinner time – find out more here.
- Fore more dinner recipes, click here.