Higher Protein Carrot Cake Muffins
Serves: 12 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 cups of wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup The Complete Dairy high protein milk or Lactose-Free Milk
- 1/4 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and lightly grease muffin tins with olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl combine, coconut oil, vanilla extract, honey, milk, yoghurt, eggs, carrot.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mix and fold gently to combine.
- Pour batter into muffin cases and top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- These muffins are high in protein than regular muffins. We recommend enjoying a snack rich in protein in the afternoon to help keep you feeling satisfied and less tempted to reach for refined, nutrient poor snacks.
- For more healthy snacks click here.