Grilled Cinnamon Pineapple with Dipping Sauce
Serves: 10 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- ½ pineapple
- 10 – 15 skewers
- Ground cinnamon, to sprinkle
- ½ cup plain, natural yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Salt and pepper, to season
1.Slice the pineapple into wedges and thread on skewers. Tip: if time permits, soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to using to prevent them from burning.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium heat (or BBQ grill).
3. Sprinkle some ground cinnamon over the pineapple wedges and transfer them onto the pan or BBQ. Cook for approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until grill marks form and pineapple has slightly caramelized.
4. Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce by combining yoghurt, garlic, lime juice, coriander, salt, pepper and Sriracha into a small bowl.
5. Serve the grilled pineapple with the dipping sauce and enjoy!