Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
Serves: 6 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 cups vegetable stock, salt reduced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oil in large frying pan, cook sweet potato, onion and garlic, stirring for approximately 10 minutes. Add the lemon rind, rosemary, stock and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer (covered) for about 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth.
- Return soup to a pan and add lemon juice and stir over medium heat until hot.
- Serve with sourdough bread.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.