Cheesy Vegetable Pizza Scrolls
Makes: 12 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 25 mins
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1 small red capsicum, finely diced
- 125g tin corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix flour and yoghurt in a bowl, using your hands to form a dough. Turn the contents of the bowl out onto your kitchen bench and knead until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Flour your bench and roll the dough out into a 40 x 25 cm rectangle.
- Spread the dough with tomato paste, right to the edges.
- Sprinkle over the carrot, zucchini, onion, capsicum, corn and cheese.
- Roll the dough up tightly, starting from one of the long edges. Trim the ends then cut into 12 slices.
- Place the scrolls on your prepared tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden-brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For more tasty kids recipes like these Cheesy Vegetable Pizza Scrolls, check out our Lunchbox e-book.
- Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for healthy recipes and nutrition tips.
- Checkout more kid-friendly recipes here.
- This recipe was created and tested by student dietitian, Alexandra Van Winden who is currently completing her dietetic internship with The Biting Truth.