Vegetarian Cheesy Black Bean Nachos
Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 x 400g canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup vegetable stock, salt reduced
- 1 bag lightly or unsalted tortilla or corn chips
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Jalapeños, sliced, to serve
- Pepper, to season
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp jalapeños (optional if you like spice)
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ lime, juiced
- Salt & pepper, to season
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, cumin, Worcestershire sauce and pepper and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add beans and stock. Simmer for 7 to 8 minutes
3. Transfer bean mixture to a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds or until roughly pureed.
4. Layer corn chips over a lined baking tray. Drizzle bean mixture over the chips and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Meanwhile, to make the guacamole, combine ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
6. Drizzle guacamole over corn chips. Top with diced tomato, a few dollops of Greek yoghurt, jalapeños and fresh coriander. Season with pepper and serve immediately while warm!
- For more super delicious and healthy recipes, then check out our Flexitarian Challenge. When you sign up you’ll receive our Flexitarian Cookbook with over 45 recipes, as well as a bunch of nutrition support!