Apple & Apricot Granola Bars
Serves: 12 -15 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup Sunsol oats
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1/3 wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 apple, finely diced
- 1/4 cup pepita seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180º Celsius. Line slice dish with baking paper.
- Combine oats, puffed rice, flour, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla extract, dried apricots, diced apple, pepita seeds, vanilla extract and mix.
- In a small saucepan on a low heat, melt the rice malt syrup and add the olive oil once melted to mix. Then add to the puffed rice mixture and stir until well combined. (Note: add additional rice malt syrup as required).
- Spoon mixture into tray and press mixture into tray to even the surface.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, or until golden. Let cool before slicing.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!