Almond, Choc Chip & Coconut Cookies
Serves 12-15 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time 25 minutes
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 squares chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Raw almonds (to decorate)
- Water, as required
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan over low heat. Then add honey. Stir until combined.
- In large mixing bowl, combine ground almonds, spices and baking powder. Then mix in banana, chocolate and almond butter.
- Add the melted ingredients and stir it together until combined.
- Take tablespoons of mixture, roll into balls and play onto a tray with baking paper.
- Press back of a fork onto each cookie and lightly press one almond into each cookie.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.