10 Minute Prawn & Ginger Stir Fry
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- 200g prawns, peeled with tails on
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch shallots, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 handful of snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, salt reduced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds, to serve
1. Pat prawns dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Place prawns in a bowl with corn flour and toss to lightly coat the prawns in flour.
2. Heat a large wok over medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the prawns and sear lightly on both sides. Then remove from the pan and set prawns aside.
3. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan and then add shallots, garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the carrots, snow peas and chilli.
4. Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil in a small jar and pour this into the pan.
5. Add prawns back to the pan and mix together. Add sweet chilli sauce and mix to combine.
6. Distribute rice between bowls and top with prawn stir fry. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and sesame seeds and enjoy!